Re: how I discovered Glenn Gould (a sleep aid for insomniacs)

Bob wrote:

But GG loved Mozart deeply, passionately, every note, and I would tell him so to his face, and if he disagreed, call him a liar.

The proof, by the way -- is in the Hum.

We all know that Glenn Gould said he didn't like  Mozart.  I think that the word hate was often used.  Before I read Andrew Kazdin's book "Creative Lying"  I would have yelled at Bob very rudely that Glenn Gould would not tell lies. Those of us who have read this book know that I would have been wrong about this.

Why did GG bother to record the Mozart Sonatas? I don't think he was the kind of person who would record something he didn't believe in just to make money.  If he had wanted to make a bundle on them he would have recorded them in a more orthodox manner.  This has bothered me for a long time.  Any ideas?

Anne

P.S. I like GG's Mozart recordings.