GG: The Infamous People Magazine Article

Has anyone read the People magazine article about Glenn Gould (published in 1981, I believe)?

Is it as sleazy and tacky as it sounds? Are the photographs any good, at least? I heard there were new photos, done just for the article. I'm wondering if it's worth tracking down a copy.

The Friedrich book (I've been glancing at it randomly while waiting for stuff to download) reported that the article infuriated Glenn Gould -- probably because of the (cough, cough) intrusion.

Am I the only one who thinks it's simply bizarre to think of People magazine interviewing... Glenn Gould?!

I believe People did include GG in their "Most Intriguing People of the Century" issue. Life also included GG in a similar publication. (The Life article included a nice photo of the young GG soaking his hands before a concert.)

Anne M. Marble
amarble@sff.net