Re: Beethoven cadenza versions?

At 08:59 PM 6/22/2000 -0400, Bengt Christensson wrote:
Dear F_minors,

Did GG perform different cadenzas for the Beethoven C major concerto?
I find two recordings, with McMillan (CBC) and Golschmann
(Sony) as respective conductors.

Can anyone recommend one or the other (or should I buy both
... ;-)). I am particularly interested in his famous contrapuctually
concocted cadenza.

That notorious cadenza for the first movement (but not the last movement) was published in _Contemporary Keyboard_ magazine sometime during the late 1970's (I think it was). A friend tipped me off to it back then and I got a photocopy from a library. Fun to play!

The fairly recent recording by Lars Vogt uses GG's cadenzas, too.

Bradley Lehman Dayton VA http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl