Re: Beethoven cadenza versions?

Bengt asked:
>Can anyone recommend one or the other (or should I buy both
>... ;-)). I am particularly interested in his famous contrapuctually
>concocted cadenza.

Glenn Gould's Cadenzas to the Concerto No.1 in C Major for Piano and
Orchestra by Beethoven, Op. 15 were published by Barger and Barclay , Great
Neck , New York in 1958.

I have two of the CBC CDs.  To my ears, the sound quality is better than
the Sony CDs.  ( I don't have many of the Sonys, maybe I just have poorer
ones.)  The CBC version of Beethoven's 3rd Concerto, in C minor is
wonderful.

I don't want to start another humming debate, but since Bengt mentioned
these CDs ........ from the Technical Notes:
"Surface noise was reduced using powerful "linear prediction" and "adaptive
noise cancellation" software developed by Sonic Solutions."

Anne Smith