Re: PBS program

> What did members of the group think of the profile of GG in the recent PBS
> program "Art of Piano?"
>
> Did it strike any of those who saw the show that Evgeny Kissin had an air of
> the unusual manner (and slightly wild hair) of the young GG?

I'm not an english or music professor, but here are my 2 cents:

Do you know any way of obtaining a recording of this program? I
completely missed it, but I marked my calendars to not do as such...

On the thread topic, yes, Evgeny is quite a character, but I do not think
he is analogous to Gould. Evgeny is more "childish" in attitude and
character (although it may not seem as such when he plays those Liszt
Transcendental Etudes!) Those of you who have seen "Evgeny Kissin: Gift of
Music" should have a sense of what I'm talking about. Gould is more
"smack-your-face, downright awesome." ... at least, with regard to
eccentricity, talent, and HUMOR!

Pooya