RE: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

>From the little I really know, it appears that Glenn had some
mental/emotional sets of problems.  Foss herself, if you listen to the
core reason of her breaking up with Glenn, was that he was showing
increasing signs of paranoia and anxiety and would not accept the
feedback from her that this is what was going on.  He was plainly in
denial.  Be that as it may, we do not know why he was estranged from his
parents, we do not know why he was suffering mental turmoil, we do not
know why his mind and emotions were the way they were.  He was blessed
with gifts and vulnerabilities and being very sensitive and of a very
high I.Q. he probably was his own worst enemy.  In short, he was
probably not helpable insofar as he was not willing to allow himself to
be helped.

Best regards,

Fred Houpt

-----Original Message-----
From: f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu
[mailto:f_minor-bounces@email.rutgers.edu] On Behalf Of Chester Singh
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 6:53 PM
To: bpl@umich.edu; f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: [F_minor] Re: Cornelia Foss reveals all!!!

Losely related to the Cornelia Foss issue: I recently discussed Glenn
Gould's social life with my father (who I remind you that he knew Glenn
Gould during the latter half of the seventies). My father assured me
that Glenn Gould was in fact sociable, much more than common opinion
seems to dictate. He recalls seeing Glenn Gould at the all famous Fran's
with more than one woman, and at another restaurant with at least three
different women. Also, my father recalls being invited to Glenn Gould's
home on one occassion, with several fellow artists, and a women had
arrived earlier than the crowd. All these stories that my father tells
me confuse me. My father maintains the fact that Glenn Gould was a
sickly sort of person, who was sometimes awkward to talk to, as he would
get up in the middle of a sentence and wander off, moving his mouth
silently and his fingers twitching, but claims that he would mingle alot
more than biographers and the media now claim. My father even claims
that Glenn Gould ate like a normal person, at least when company was
around; he claims that the media has exagerated this, or completely
fabricated it.
Perhaps it is just me, but the way my father told me these stories
flabbergasted me. I am left in confusion, and have decided to recount
what my father told me so that perhaps someone could join me in
confusion, or help me out of it.

Singh

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.