Re: [F_minor] Gould On Film / Alwin Tong

That was inspiring.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/bigpicture/queen/

-----Original Message-----
From: Kpapademas <kpapademas@aol.com>
To: maryellen jensen <maryellenjensen28@hotmail.com>; f_minor@email.rutgers.edu <f_minor@email.rutgers.edu>
Sent: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:27 pm
Subject: Re: [F_minor] Gould On Film / Alwin Tong

I totally agree with Mary (and with Tim Page), that it's time to make a new "Glenn Gould Collection"! If one can make a "concert"-ed effort to secure permission from whoever "owns" the rights (Sony, CBC, etc.) to these films/videos/out-takes on/with Glenn Gould to make a truly remarkable visual documentary on the life of this remarkable man, using the latest in technology (that which GG had probably advocated  when he first touched and used his tape recorder), then such effort would do a service to his memory, to his ideas, to musical history, and to those interested in musical interpretations of celestial caliber. Also, hopefully, those tapes are being properly preserved and duplicated. Hey Tim, how do we get started?

By the way, when I purchased the "Glenn Gould: Life and Times" DVD, I was delighted to see Glenn's performance of the Bach Concerto No. 5 in F minor (Largo and Presto) and I think that it may be that same 1957 performance for the Queen!

Katherine