[F_minor] Gould and Casals and Woody

Hello,
Regarding the praise for Gould's Portrait of Casals... I also enjoyed it,
especially the sense of engagement that pervades the series of interviews.
What amazed me is the lack of any commentary on Casals's political views. I
know (or at least think) Gould was publicly apolitical, but the silence on
this point is amazing. Does anyone know the details behind this?

The Woody Allen quote at the end reminded me: Allen at his wordiest (as in
some of the stories in his most recent prose collection, "Mere Anarchy") and
Gould at his comic wordiest are very similar in tone - neologisms, quaint
allusions, invented allusions, almost condescending intellectual humour that
is not always funny. Just a thought.

Jason