[F_minor] Hard on my ears

I just saw and heard this on You Tube.  It is Gould with Roxolana Roslak (I hope I spelled her name correctly).  Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcOD5NvCclY

This is Hindemith and well frankly, for my ears I don't hear the musicality or put another way, I cannot appreciate what drew Gould to this music.  It leaves me feeling untouched with its atonal themes just not doing anything for me.

Anyone out there in Gould-land enjoy this type of "music" making?

Kind regards,

Fred Houpt

http://www.flickr.com/gift/