GG: Travesties

Hello,

So long as we're noting Glenn Gould's role in Hollywood, I would like to
point out something which I'm sure many of you are familiar with. In the
novel "The Silence of the Lambs",  a principal character (Dr. Lecter)
repeatedly requests a recording of Gould playing the Goldberg
Variations, which he is finally given. In the corresponding scene of the
film adaptation, however, he is ecstatically enjoying a glaringly
non-Glenn Gould rendition of the Aria (the performer takes all the
repeats!). Just thought I'd share.

Jeremy