GG: recordings

    I recently heard that someone or other released a complete set of the GG
    recordings.  Is this true?  Where can I find it and how much does it cost?

Most of the GG recordings have been released on CD by Sony (they bought
the rights to all the recordings GG did for Columbia).  There are a
whole lot of them. Try www.glenn-gould.com.

They're not actually 100% complete, though.  The CBC also has several
Gould CD's from pre-1955.  I'm not sure the best place to order and
don't have the CBC's address at hand.

That is still not 100% complete.  There have various bootlegs, outtakes,
and other Gould-isms released on bootleg vinyl, CD (notably Music &
Arts), etc.  There is no official outlet for any of them.  M&A itself
doesn't sell any Gould items any more.

Besides all that, there are lots of pieces he performed on his various
television shows (including Cp. 6 from Art of Fugue, damn it!) never
released.  And even a few master tapes recorded at Columbia that have
never been released, like the 1979 (77? 78? 80?) version of the Italian
Concerto.

Probably more than you wanted to know.  The basic answer is, start with
the ones on Sony, they're the foundation.