GG:those greedy bastards at sony.

hey f minors:

im really pissed. i was shock-ed, shock-ed, to find that my eagerly
anticipated release of the GG silver jubilee album consisted of
materials that i had recently purchased from sony classical.

on disk one, what is there aside from another recording of the italian
concerto that is new?
the scarlatti and the cpe bach were on a previous sony release. so were
the scriabin and the strauss. i'm just in general pissed.. so were the
strauss and the beethoven.
this bites.
this is nothing but pure greed.

i mean if sony had said, " all our GG albums will be thirty dollars
instead of sixteen because of the high quality of both the performance
and recording," then i would have been amiable.  but to choose to
release a cd with material that had been introduced as new in the most
recent release is reprehensible.

its the same deal with the french suites and the WTC.  what was recorded
on three cds, the french and english suits, is now recorded on four cds.
what was recorded on three cds, books one an two of WTC, is now offered
one four.

i mean i support the salvation army and ASPCA, but i don't think GG
would have approved of this blatant manipulation and greed.  i truly
believe that he would have wanted his work offered at a reasonable and
judicious price.

so i said NO!! to the GG silver jubilee album. and i say NO!! to the
brahms re-release.

i'm mad as hell and i wont take it anymore.

ok. so i'm going to make available to all of u any sony release that i
have. an i have most of them.  i'll make mp3s or .wav files and send
them to whomever requests them. the best way to send them is by icq.
but i can do it by email if u want.

if anyone has the capacity to make .wavs or mp3s of the two "chats" on
the second cd of the silver jubilee album, please do so.

if u want, u can send them to me and i'll make up files for us all.

i did a similar trade with karl berry so he can vouch for my veracity.

IF I DON'T GET A RESPONSE FROM U ALL, I WILL GO OUT AND BUY THE SILVER
JUBILEE ALBUM AND MAKE MP3S AND SEND THEM TO U ALL.  I WOULD RATHER FUCK
OVER SONY THAN SAVE MY OWN MONEY.

ok. also to all my f minor friends that live in the us, i will make a
copy of any sony disk with my sweet cd-rw drive.
just send me a blank cd-r disk with a return posted envelope. mail me if
u r interested.

i would do the same for my f minor friends outside of the us but i cant
figure out how. if u can let me know.
cause it is not cool to ask for cash over the net u see.

i also have several m&a an other bootlegs that i'll happily copy just to
piss off sony.

(please be advised that i will not make copies of any CBC or GLENN GOULD
SOCIETY cds cause they seem to be cool an offer a decent cd at a
reasonable price)

hey. don't leave me hanging.
let me know.

my icq number is 13980336.

for those of u who don't know, mp3 is a condeansed sound file. its
cool.  icq is a cool freeware program too. u can get icq at
www.mirabilis.com. u can get free mp3 players an encoaders at
www.mp3.com. u can get a free player at www.winamp.com.
ok. let me know what u guys think.

ok. bye. thanks.