GG: Legacy in Canada

G'day f-minorers !

the following questions may have already been the subject of a
discussion on this list and if this has been the case I apologize.

Apart from a few rock groups and hockey players I as a swiss citizen
(with a loud noisy neighbor in the north and a language problem) know
almost nothing about the cultural life in Canada.

Therefore I hope someone can answer the following questions:

How is Gould's (musical) legacy treated in Canada and how important is
or was Gould's role for the development of a "national" cultural
identity ?

I've got my doubts if GG was ever a household name in the mainstream
media in Canada but what would happen if you'd ask 100 people on a
street in Toronto if they ever heard the name "Glenn Gould" ?

And, at last, is the CBC still playing a vital or important role in
Canada's music life ?
How about their ratings ?

TYIA and have a good day !

Pat