RE^2:G.G. the Silver Jubilee

Dear Mr. Miyazawa.

Thank you for telling me about particular of the Silver Jubilee album
of Japanese edition.

>>the second disc of the Japanese edition
>>has *three* tracks

I think it's very good consideration. When I listen "Fantasy" of old
edition from the middle, I used to wind forward it. This consideration
reduce inconvenience of to wind.
Now my first Gould's CD is "Goldberg Variations" at 1981 which has not
tracks, namely it's one track, so I could not listen from each of the
variations. I had to listen the first-note-to-last-and-damn-the-consequences,
it bothered me a little. But I can listen from whichever
my favorite variation because I also have "Goldberg Variations" of
the Glenn Gould edition.

Your talk about to listen to "Fantasy" is very important to know
situation of reception of Glenn Gould in Japan. When he died, I was
only five years old. Naturally I didn't know him. I know him for the
first time by the said "Goldberg Variations" when I was high school
student.
I may be happy because I could buy avery Gould's CDs, there are "World
of Glenn Gould" series by CBS/Sony in Japan and "the Glenn Gould
edition" began to be released. I had not any bother getting Gould's
CDs. But it's very sad.
You and other Gouldian can talk memories about Gould. My school's
teacher, he is ganbist, perhaps you know this story, he received a
reply to his fan letter from gould recently. But I only know about
gould from his records which are his legacies. I wish that I was born
earlier. I wished to know him and to live in his time. However, I can
meat him by his records which he used to transcend time. It's so happy.

Anyway... Thank you for information. I wait until to release Japanese
edition and will buy it.

Regards,

Imai Toshiyuki
snowdrop@ta2.so-net.ne.jp

P.S. Thank you for your works. I'm studying musicology in
a postgraduate school of Osaka college of music. I chose Glenn Gould
for theme of my master's thesis. Your works are very helpful for me.
Thanks!