GG: Wagner?

Hello,

my name is Bernhard Rulla, German and admirer of Glenn Gould's piano
art.

I recently have bought an interesting CD, where Gould plays some
piano versions of Wagner music, e.g. the ouverture to "Die
Meistersinger". It was quite an experience, I can tell you! :)

The performance gave me the impression of the surgical operation of
the music in tiny pieces. It fell apart, there was nothing left than
absolutely independent melodies. A very new Wagner for me!

In would like to ask you if someone could tell my some sources
concerning the attitude of Gould towards Wagner and maybe also some
personal impressions of the Gould/Wagner interpretation...

I am looking forward to a very interesting and instructive
conversation with you!

Yours truly,
Bernhard Rulla.

---