Re: Glenn Gould Sightings in Novels

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Anne M. Marble wrote:

> I know this topic has been covered before, but I thought it would be a
> great time to bring it up again. Can anybody suggest novels in which
> Glenn Gould appeared as a character?

One of my all-time favorite books is by Richard Powers, called "The
Gold Bug Variations," and like it sounds, it alludes to many different
sources. Though Gould is not a "character" in this book per se, he holds a
special spot for many of the book's characters through the 55 Goldberg
recording. Highly recommended.

-Lindsey Orcutt
lindseyo@aracnet.com