From: Daniel Vaiser
To: Anne M. Marble ; f_minor@email.rutgers.edu
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 1999 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: Cott's "Conversations with Glenn Gould"

Anne:

I bought a copy of the book in 1984 and have read it.  I personally find it
one of the best interviews anyone has had with Glenn Gould.  Without having
known Gould, I speculate this interview sounds like a conversation Gould
would have if he didn't script it before hand. By the way, my copy this
interview   includes a separate chapter called "The George Szell Caper"
concerning a notorious incident that was rumored (but not proven) to have
happened between Gould and George Szell during a rehearsal, so I don't know
which edition you'll be getting that has the George Szell stuff. The edition
I have in my collection is entitled "Conversations with Glenn Gould",
published by Little, Brown and Company, published in 1984. Happy reading!

Daniel Vaiser