GG: DJ Masta Glenn

Neil wrote:

> I contend that Gould's recording of the 2/3 part inventions was the first ever
> MIX put on LP. Its pure DJing, releasing each individual "track" in a carefully
> graded sequence.

Interesting idea.  I think GG's "mix" there had more to do with key relationship
than BPM, though.  I have a feeling that GG would have *loathed* most beat-
oriented dance music however.  He spoke somewhere about the "tyranny of
the bar line" and he seems to have gotten bored quickly with music that was
based largely on repetition of simple ideas (like going on forever with 120
beats per minute...)

jh