Re: Vote for Glenn !!!

The notion of challenging one's perceptions of a piece of music is precisely what drew
me to Glenn Gould's playing in the first place. This is different than the notion of
one musician's concept of a composition challenging another's; great musicianship is
inherently revealing, though different things are bound to be revealed by different
performers. Beyond a certain level of muscianship, the notion of a challenge is flip:
this is part of the reason I have seven performances of the Goldbergs (including the
stupendous VCR recording of Gould). By the way, I will check out Yudina's...

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~lichter

"To forgive is wisdom, to forget is genius."
                                 -Gulley Jimson