Re: an obscure Gould quote and Welte

Hi

I'm new to this list.

There is a British CD label which issues CDs of the rolls using the
playback machine. The series is called Grand Piano and they are
recordings from as late as about 1930 and without the 3 minute limit of
78s. They also do reissues of old 78s which are played back via a
gigantic acoustic horn and via a microphone put on CD. Theyt even make a
whole host of conventional CDs of classical music and classical indian
music and a little jazz. The CEO is a good Schubert lieder singer as
well.
Nimbus is the name of the label.  http://www.nimbus.ltd.uk/nrl/

Listening to Rosalyn Turecks latest Goldberg on DG as I write this. Dare
I say that?

Elmers page is well worth a visit.

Regards

Dyfan Lewis, MD