Re: comment on competition

> >>btw; why is it so that geniuses always are so bad at driving?
>
> Another great pianist Michelangeli, I have heard loved to race cars and was
> pretty good at it?
personally i dont like michelangeli, indeed i think hes the type of
pianist mr gould would really despise. (and this is, parantethically
ironically, very important for the main subject for this tread: gould said
he never formed an *aestehic* valuation of other than his own work. he
would only form moral valuation. so he critizised concert as concept. but
he could not critizise f.i. richter on an aesthetic base, thus saying
that he (richter) was a great music communicator. (and forgive me all but
i think he just was bullshitting there. the music he commented on
(schumann/bert?) was music he hated.))

anyway; theres a funny story with michelangeli and gould: michie was going
to do the beethoven fifth for cbc; he didnt like the piano, and after much
ado about zero and behaving like the archetype asshole "genius", he
cancelled (of course expecting that cbc would piss him up the back (sorry
for that, its called that in norway, is it very bad english?) and get
him back. so cbc calles gould, and on a days notice he steps in!

thats something, dont u think!?

andre