Re: Numbers........

Well, I know that I won't make a lot of friends with this message but could
you please stop this thing about numbers and Pythagoras and math ?

Despite the fact that such a discussion is quite interesting,(can anyone out
there remember an old book from the 70s called "Gödel , Escher, Bach" ? GG
is menioned a few times, I think) it doesn't have a lot to do with GG in the
first place (in the second, maybe...)

There is a scene in "32 stagg" (the one in the phone booth) that suggests
that GG was interested in numerology and that he had an affection with
numbers, but I have found out that this is not the case (at least for the
numerology) . otoh an essay like "the grass is always greener.." suggests
that GG was quite interested in figures and statisstics......

And while I'm sitting here in front of my PC I wonder: Is is nesseceraly to
be good in things like math to become a good musician and to understand Bach
(i.e the b-a-c-h "joke")

Is there a good book out there that explains some of Bach's noumerous (!)
numerical "jokes" (b-a-c-h)? Maybe that was one of the things that GG liked
about Bach, who knows ?

P.S: Numbers "do" exist. I have to do my taxes tomorrow......;)

Pat

>                         If numbers exist, why is it I can never remember
> where I parked my car ?  ;)
> C.G.
begin:vcard
n:;