GG Two piano pieces

I recently got the GG composer CD on Sony and having previously worked on
the 1st of the 2 piano pieces I was quite surprised at what I heard. Firstly
the pieces are performed in a very un-Gouldian style. This is not
necessarily wrong as a pianist is reasonably welcome to do what he/she likes
on a score without many markings for dynamics and articulation etc, but I
find it hard to imagine GG playing them in anything like the style presented
on the recording.
	Anyway, I don't want to raise any kind of endless debate about
general authenticity to composers:- what I find surprising is that the
pieces sound generally rather unprepared. There are a number of places where
the rhythm is wrong (I'm not talking about excessive rubato:- it is wrong)
and there seem to be a number of misread notes (seeing as the pieces are
serial this is surely quite unforgivable). Now, I don't know how different
the original manuscripts are to the published version (I assume the score
was published after the recordings were made) but one would expect enough
time to have gone into the project for the scores to be carefully checked
and corrected where inconsistent with the serial nature of the work
(Historically the pieces are from a time where Gould was heavily into
serialism and it seems almost certain that any textual inconsistencies with
the series are errors, rather than intentional expressive deviations).
	I may be wrong on this:- perhaps the performance is better than I
imagine and the published score is actually at fault, but I would like to
know what people think of the other performances, particularly the string
quartet. Is the performance on the GG edition better than the one on this
'composer' disc? I don't wish to comment on the performances on the disc,
except these two pieces, as I don't know the scores, but the impression I
get from the disc is that it was rather hastily put together by Sony and
does little to serve GG's memory as a composer.
	I don't know how much response this will provoke:- I don't know if
this disc has been discussed before, and presumably it is not one of the
best selling GG albums, but I'd like to hear from those who have the disc
and particularly those who are familiar with the scores pieces included.
Also does anyone know if the two pieces have been formally analysed by
anybody?

Andrew Thayer

PS One last thing, I've just got a video machine in Britain which plays your
American videos. Sorry to bring up videos yet again, but can someone
recommend a website with good prices for the GG tapes.