Re: New books that I got during the GG Gathering

Hi Walter,

I talked with Rhona at the intermission of the play Glenn Gould in Stratford. She told me of 18 submission rejections of her book. She said her husband eventually typed it up and they self published only 500 copies. She gave away nearly 100 copies to those who helped her with the interviews, she added.

I walked up to the L'Atelier Grigorian bookstore, bought it and only found it there. She said that's where she "brought them all" when she came to Toronto.

The play intermission ended and I didn't get a chance to ask her why her book wasn't somehow available or presented during the Gathering. I have my suspicions. I'm about half way through reading it and wondering how accurate her take on the 'spiritual Gould' is ??

Cheers, Nola

The new books that I got are:
"The Art of Glenn Gould" by John P.L. Roberts, published by Malcolm
Lester Books, Toronto (ISBN 1-894121-28-7)
"The Idea of Gould" by Rhona Bergman, published by Lev Publishing,
Philadelphia (ISBN 0-9673367-0-8)
"glenn" a play by David Young, published by Coach House Books, Toronto
(ISBN 1-55245-058-9)

I think that the second book was published in limited quantities and may
not be available from large book sellers.  I bought it at a Toronto
bookstore that carries a lot of GG material (http://www.grigorian.com/).

--
Walter A.