re: Contrapunct; polyphony; Beatles etc

when discussing on polyphony and counterpoint it is of course
extremely important to define the terms one uses presicely! but i cannot
concieve of why we should define a definitive version. these things (NB!
when not being part of a discussion or a writing and sim) must always be
studied empirically, and frankly i dont belive in that either.

but on the other hand: lets have more discussions on this list, but be
they defined well, and with well defined terms!  maybe the one setting up
a topic should also define it and the most important terms.

andre
"never be clever for the sake of being clever" (my signature, not a
comment to recent posting)