Re: BBC Radio 3

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:18:39 EST, you wrote:

>Did anyone else hear the BBC Radio 3 full evening Gould documentary?  If so,
>what are views on this presentation?  I found it to be excellent.

What I listened to I found brilliant, in the very finest BBC traditions. I'm
trying to remember which bit I found so darn good, but the Beeb used GG's
polyphonic voicing techniques to great effect in conjuring atmosphere and mood
in a couple of features. The commentators were very good indeed except some
woman from Canada who lacked charmisma (to be very polite to her). It was a very
apt celebration of our hero.

BTW, see www.bbc.co.uk/radio3 - you get get radio 3 live via real audio