Re: some Gouldian Schubert & Scarlatti

p.s. My copy of the new Scarlatti disc (18 sonatas) arrived today; similarly
excellent!  Once again Swartzentruber brings out with extraordinary clarity
the compositional structure of the music.  Apollonian playing that
illuminates the counterpoint and the form.  Plenty of fire, but also a
remarkable poise and serenity.  (Almost identical tempo but broader serenity
than GG in the one piece that both have recorded, the gentle D minor sonata
K. 9.)

And Glenn Gould is mentioned in the notes:
http://www.solorecords.co.uk/files/Scarlnotes.html

Bradley Lehman, http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
Dayton VA