Re: some Gouldian Schubert & Scarlatti

YES! YES! YES!

In one of my music appreciation classes in University (hey, Computer
Science degree, I needed the extra credits, leave me alone), my teacher
played Ivo Pogorelich's 3rd English Suite and I was _this_ close to
jumping off the altar and proclaiming all things Gould-ness.

It later turned out my teacher knew of my fascination of Gould, and had
played it in order to trick me. It was only my carefully listening to
known eccentricities, I mean features of the piece, could I tell it
wasn't GG. (It's OK, he played Contrapunctus IX from GG for me).

Speaking of which, he said GG inspired him to be a music teacher, and to
learn "Pieces for Prepared Piano". I can't remember who wrote it, but he
told me it was very similar to some of the themes GG wrote about it. I
was afraid to argue with him because Gould would probably have approved!

Final vote: for those Canadians familiar with Angela Hewitt, don't
forget Angela Cheng (Chang?). Another Canadian with exceptional talent.

Cheers,
matthew