Re: Schiff

Thank you all for your enlightening comments on Schiff!

It seems like I should listen for something completely different in S's Bach
from GG's.  Since I don't have that recording of Goldbergs anymore, I will try
to appreciate the things Bradley mentioned next time I have a chance.

I do agree his performance is sensitive and elegant, but my complaint is his
lack of tension and focus which I like to find in any Bach recordings for my own
taste.  I didn't have any problem with Turek and S. Richter, for example, but
somehow I immediately disliked Schiff's Goldbergs.  Like John Grant said, I
might change my opinion if I listen to him now since it was a few years ago that
I had this "reaction" to Schiff.

Chisa Sugihara