Re: AOL Heaven

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Glenn Gould wrote:

> Remember that scene in Annie Hall where a pompous line holder pontificates
> about the work of Marshall McLuhan? And Woody Allen, to shut him up, drags
> Mr. McLuhan out from behind a theatre three-sheet who then admonishes the
> theory spouter with: "You know nothing of my work" and then departs leaving
> an astonished and greatly diminished former expert in his wake.

Hi Glenn!

Is that like the scene in Rodney Dangerfield's "Back to School" ?
Rodney's character hires Kurt Vonnegut to write his term paper about Kurt
Vonnegut, and it gets a D.  Vonnegut is incensed and goes around saying,
"But I'm Kurt *&#%&^ Vonnegut!!"

Bradley Lehman | http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/ | Dayton, VA, USA

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only
sparks from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot