Re: off-topic Vonnegut sighting update

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Elmer Elevator wrote:

(...)
> I'm actually not the world's greatest Kurt V fan, but I am an army veteran, and
> think "Slaughterhouse 5" (his actual WWII memoir of being a young dogface POW
> during the Allied firebombing of Dresden) is the greatest anti-war book ever
> written. It pulls no punches, it has no agenda.

Now, how is this in any way "off-topic"?  Glenn Gould did the music of the
film version.  How much more on topic could it be?  ("None.  None more on
topic," as Nigel would say.)

But the book is better, despite that.  Terrific book.  And it can be read
in only slightly more time than it takes to watch the film.  Not that time
is linear anyway here on Tralfamadore.

Not to mention that GG quotes from it in at least one of his essays.

Poo-tee-weet?

> > Is that like the scene in Rodney Dangerfield's "Back to School" ?
> > Rodney's character hires Kurt Vonnegut to write his term paper about Kurt
> > Vonnegut, and it gets a D.  Vonnegut is incensed and goes around saying,
> > "But I'm Kurt *&#%&^ Vonnegut!!"

So it goes.

Bradley Lehman | http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/ | Dayton, VA, USA
CD's: http://www.mp3.com/bpl