Re: unrecorded keyboard

hi guys

sorry to keep going on about this, hopefully some are finding it useful and
enjoyable.

two things I should follow-up on.

Concerning Bach on piano versus Bach on harpsichord, I hope it's clear that
I'm  big fan of both.  I also wanted to say that when we go to a harpsichord
recording of Bach's music we should listen with the attitude that this is
the sort of instrument that Bach grew up with, played on, owned, wrote on,
and wrote for.  Any other attitude, such as, "I'm going to try to enjoy this
recording made on an instrument inferioir to a modern concert grand," seems
to be likely to lessen your ability to fully appreciate the music and the
performance.

Also, I think I came across as telling people that it's harder to appreciate
good harpsichord music than it really is.  Once you've become familiar
enough with the instrument so that it doesn't automatically put you off when
you hear it, I think just a few seconds of recordings as full of energy and
vitality as Parmentier's Partitas, or Van Asperen's WTC, or the Fisk/Fuller
trio sontata will be enough to cause the "wow" response.

Jim