Re: Piano vs harpsichord and ORGAN

> I have the Gould organ LP. Does anyone know what Gould's aesthetic and
> technical feelings for the organ were? He certainly doesn't sound as if he
> dislikes it.

Yes, interesting what Gould thought about the organ. However, an organ vs
piano/anything debate
is barely possible. Although the organ is a pure synthesizer (correct me again
if I'm really wrong) but the music written for the instrument is peculiar with
those very long notes and atmosphere and there is also something physiologically
persuasive in it. No transcription would give so many shivers (in the good
meaning:) than the "Ich ruf zu dir..." (BWV639) on the organ even bearing in
mind that the sound of the instrument is very intensive and lifeless.

Juozas Rimas Jr
http://mp3.com/JuozasRimas - Baroque and more...