Re: Much Ado About Humming - Glenn Gould's Imaginary Orchestra

At 05:59 PM 4/17/01 -0700, Sean Malone wrote:
I began
>transcribing the vocalizations and compared them to the score and was
amazed
>to find that often GG was humming an independent contrapuntal part.

Intriguing ideas in your email Sean.  Thanks for sharing, got me thinking on
all sorts of new subjects.

So are there some performances in particular, either on video or cd, that
are the most striking and easy to understand and to hear as far as the
"humming an independent contrapuntal part" goes?  Which performances do you
like to use when presenting these ideas?

thanks,

Jim