Re: Piano vs harpsichord

Brad wrote

> And to turn Gould's own chromatic fantasy quip back to him: the Wittmayer
> is "a harpsichord for people who don't like harpsichord."  Gould himself
> wrote that he chose it because it's like a piano....

speaking of Wittmayers, and Brad may never forgive me for sending this link
along :) but there's a fun disc of harpsichord music called "The
Frivolous Harpsichord," which is performed on a Wittmayer.  Most of the
compositions were written in the later half of the 20th century.

To get the following link to work, you'll probably have to copy and paste it
into the web address field.

Jim

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000IYNZ/qid%3D987695114/107-277433
8-2186139