Re: BWV912 quirk

> Given that Gould is playing it about 1/3 to 1/2 as fast as anyone else, I
> doubt that it's a cramp in his fingers.  (Although playing something far
> too slowly *is* tiring....)  There are two versions (912 and 912a), and
> both have a rest there.

I was of course joking about cramp:) By the way, I can say Gould plays certain
toccatas considerably slower than another, a no-way-eccentric pianist - T.
Nikolaeva. The d minor toccata is about 16:00 by Gould and 13:55 by Nikolaeva, e
minor respectively 8:35 and 8:21, G major ~8:51 and 8:46.

Juozas Rimas Jr
http://mp3.com/JuozasRimas