Re: GG and Competition and Showing Off

> Can people with a severe Tourette focus their attention
> on something as playing a whole partita? They would
> definitely have to twitch somewhere in the middle :))

>From what I've read, yes, they can concentrate when it
involves something that's really important to them. While
the movements are classified as "involuntary," they do have
some control over them, sort of. (There are a lot of "grey"
areas to this.)

Even people with severe cases of Tourette have become
musicians. I don't classify Mozart in this category,
despite that theory -- I think he was just a pottymouth. :->

I think this is true of most so-called "hyperactive" kids.
Sure, they fidget and disrupt the class and all that.
Because they're bored. Give them something they care about,
and they can concentrate on that with great intensity.
Unfortunately it's often easier for teachers to recommend
medications rather than change their teaching methods to
accomodate kids whose minds run at a faster pace than most.