Re: my GG bias, but...

 check out murray perahia's Goldberg variations...they're absolutely beautiful. he does all the repeats too, which makes for a real voyage the way Bach intended. Real first class artistry.

natalie

  caleb peck <caleb_peck@YAHOO.CA> wrote:

Hello List,

I know that GG's recordings of composers other than
Bach deserve just as much praise, but I know his Bach
the best.

I'm interested in exploring recordings of Bach's works
by other pianists. I don't know if it's just my GG
bias, but the few pianists that I have listened to, I
haven't been entirely impressed or moved by.

Can you recommend any recordings by pianists whom you
think can almost be on par with GG?

I did say 'almost' :)

Thanks very much.

Cal

Build your own website in minutes and for free at http://ca.geocities.com

" When one makes a recording...you are influencing not only many more people numerically than you could perhaps in a concert, but influencing them forever - not just for one moment, one evening, which they may or may! not recall, but forever. "
Glenn Herbert Gould

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalised at My Yahoo!.