Alfred Brendel

I heard from a fellow Gould fan who told me that in an interview with Alfred
Brendel for a radio broadcast in which he stated that Gould should not be
considered a serious musician, because of his unorthodox Mozart, and the lack
of Schubert recordings.

I also remember in the book "Alfred Brendel on Music: Collected Essays" in
which Brendel made a off-handed comment of how people were overly mourning
Gould's death.

So my question is does Alfred Brendel dislike Gould's influnce on classical
music? Can a fellow f-minor verify whether he/she had heard similar disdain
from an Alfred Brendel comment?

Lastly, Brendel once stated that Bach's music is not suitable for the piano,
but since changed his beliefs recently. He recorded one Bach album, which was
not one of his best. His recording of the Italian Concerto seems very
reminscient of Gould's.