Archived information: res ipsa loquitur

Managed for the 1st time ever to have an Internet connection lasting over an hour so leaped with glee into the Fmoll archives.
All I can say (well, not actually) is GOLLYS.  The quality and quantity of profound info lurking there is simply tremendous.  In particular, the Bradders insight index factor is simply off the scale.  Levity aside, I am so filled with gratitude.  There are pieces I have known and loved for years which his remarkable and masterful insights have simply transformed: Thank you.  I feel rather abashed at having raced into an arena where trainee archangels wld think twice...etc., but remember with appreciation the remarkable No USA trait of such a generous and free flow of info which I had experienced before.  When I was there 2 decades ago it was extraordinary, particularly given my own country's then very dark history.
A number of you have asked for my GG history and background:  herewith

What's your background?
An academic, sp. eternal student.  First love = Logic and Metaphysics, now an ecologist working on a 2nd PhD in Environmental Education (tres depressing in So Africa) re Socio-cultural aspects of attitude formation

How do you come to know GG?
As a snooty purist and the very humble owner of a Bill Robson spinet (which I play very badly indeed: I sing a lot better) I ignored him completely with pfui of distaste.  I fell in love with Bach and harpsichords at age 7...About a year ago I sat in front of a fire during a major storm at the coast and listened to the GG G/bergs.  It was a revelation.  Have tried to put into words....and can really only say that he engaged me in the dialogue of Bach's towering structures on a profound, intimate, heart-as-well-as-intellect level.  As a singer being part of eg. Bmoll mass I did have entree to some of this creative intimacy, but it was still an utter surprise to experience the level at which Gould engaged me.  I have subsequently involved myself in his music at unbelievable costs - with unbelievable rewards - and his thinking (via "Selected letters", the only text I have) and gradually moved on from there.  I have found myself tripping over a rather bewildering degree of extreme adulation from rather surpassing number of sources:  am really puzzled by this.  So I think my intro via the ur-texts of the letters has been a good one.

Anyway enough for now.  The little meerkat is dancing around and wanting me to accompany him for a walk in the veld - he's come back from his first inspection tour (no doubt checking up on the mysterious movements of the - dare I say it - local Dells) and is now scentmarking everything in sight in my office with impatience....life here has its very varied problems!

Hope that satisfies most queries as to my weird existence
Rgrds
Danielle
Primary address:  Omdraaisvlei
P O Box 494 Prieska 8940
Tel & Fax: +27 +53 35 3333 4
danielle@prieska.co.za
Rhodes University: Department of Education
P O Box 94 Grahamstown 6140
Cellular: 082 923 8828
D.Law-Jackson@ru.ac.za