New GG Recording

I finally got my set of the "State of Wonder" yesterday.  It was a miracle actually.  I thought I was going to have to write something called "Getting the Goldbergs".  After tracking my package from amazon, via UPS for eight days, when it finally did arrive at our local UPS and "on the truck for delivery", you won't believe it, the city had some fellows out digging up the street in front of my house to install the sewer to a new tract of houses down the street.  The UPS man tried for two days to deliver my Goldbergs but was unable to fight through the traffic of heavy duty equipment operators.  Finally on the third night he called me on the telephone.  I told him, just leave my package at the UPS depot and I will pick it up myself.  We raced down to the UPS the next day trying to get there before they took their two hour lunch break.  What luck, it is finally here and in good shape.

Of course I was anxious to listen to track 16 that everyone was talking about.  I don't have a headset but played it on my not too old Sony equipment with my old AR speakers plus new Technics.  The CD 1981 recording sounded so wonderful.  Now the piano sounds like a Yamaha.  (I have a Yamaha piano)  There was just the slightest sound of drums, but I was straining to hear them.  I never did hear the orchestra. I will play it on the computer later and see how it sounds.  My dear mate is beginning to think that I have lost my mind, and is actually humming the Aria.

--- Fred Stubbings
--- velfred@earthlink.net