From: Xavier Otazu <xotazu@AM.UB.ES>
To: F_MINOR@EMAIL.RUTGERS.EDU
Subject: Re: calling all boffins
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:30:43 +0200

Take a look at:

http://www.ptg.org/keys.htm

        Appart from this deterministic point of view explained through
neural brain connections, perhaps it is due to the combination of 'strict'
rules in music like rithm, tempo, harmonic laws, polyphonic voices,
tempered instruments, etc., with some free issues as phrasing, rubato,
articulation, feeling, etc. ... I guess ...

        Perhaps is the way to escape a bit (but not at all) from the
strict rules of science and at the same time approaching the free world of
feelings and art.

Cheers

Xavier (an astronomer working on computer vision, and a lover of Gould and
Bach)