Fwd: Goldbergs 3 disc set

Anyone else experience this?
-MJ

This is a forwarded message
From: Peter Glenister <Peter.Glenister@msvu.ca>
To: mwatts@RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Date: Friday, October 11, 2002, 12:07:12 PM
Subject: Goldbergs 3 disc set

Mary Jo,

I'm sending this to you off the F_minor list because I've still got a
problem with my e-maill address preventing me from posting to the
list.

I'm pretty sure that you have this new set also. I now have it too
and I've replaced it once because of a quality problem that appears
to exist on the replacement as well.

In the 1955 version of variation 16 (Overture), just at the point at which
the timing changes from 0:31 to 0:32 there is a marked click--a
sound which is just like that which vinyl LPs used to give when the
stylus passed through a scratch. I can't imagine that Sony would
have the same flaw on all its issues but I want to know what others
may have heard (or not heard) at the same moment on the CD
before I approach them so when you have a chance to listen again
I'd be grateful to know your experience.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Mary Jo Watts | mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu
listowner f_minor | http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn
PhD Candidate, Program in Comparative Literature