Glenn Gould and stage fright?

A recent thread on another list might be interesting to F minors.

Posters were talking about the exaggerated and unnecessary physical antics of several pianists.  Someone mentioned nerves.  Someone else wrote in that nerves was certainly not the reason for GG's actions or his retirement from public performances because he never suffered from stage fright.

I recall reading that he said he had suffered  from stage fright.  A man who was a member of the Toronto Symphony from 1967 on said he had played with GG on several occasions and he always appeared confident and never showed any signs of nervousness.

I never heard GG play in person, but from TV shows and videos I  got the impression that he was always very sure of himself.

Any thoughts?