Re: [F_MINOR] The Song Beneath the Ice

> I don't know of this book but can you recommend a version of Pictures At
An
> Exhibition?

Hi Peter,

Yeah,  I bet Gould would have hated this piece and perhaps expressed some
feelings about it, but I can't recall them and am too lazy at the moment to
thumb through the indexes of the books I have on or by him.

As far as recommendations go, I'd have to give primary recommendation for
Richter's live Sofia version, a recording that gets talked about in The Song
Beneath the Ice.  Other strong recommendations go to Horowitz and Pletnev. I
haven't heard that many recordings of this work though; there must be many
great ones that I haven't heard.

Anyone else have favorites?

Jim