[F_MINOR] OT: Great Find for Classical LP Lovers -- Oberlin's Handel Arias

If you're a countertenor fan, and/or you collect classical LPs, the Russell
Oberlin "Handel Arias" LP is available on eBay! No one has placed any bids
yet, and that's suprising. Last time this was up, I ended up getting in a
bidding war for the darn thing. (I won, and it was worth it. <g>) I have no
connection to this auction because I ain't selling my copy!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4748729285&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

If you saw the Glenn Gould: The Conductor video and liked what you heard in
the Bach cantata, I'd recommend the Oberlin Handel Arias LP. (Also, his
Purcell LP is neat, and he has some great CDs available, and I could go on
and on...)

To keep this tied into Glenn Gould in a convoluted (and thus Gouldian)
fashion, did you know the other connection between Russell Oberlin and
Glenn Gould? Russell Oberlin joined with Hermione Gingold for an LP of
"Facade" -- and Glenn Gould recited one of the poems from "Facade" (in a
bad Scottish accent) one one of his specials. This performance was
available on one of the Sony videotapes. I'm not sure if it's available in
DVD as well.

------
Anne M. MarbleMy Blog: http://gorokandwulf.blogspot.com/
My Column: http://www.writing-world.com/columns/romance/current.shtml

Signoff instructions, and user preference interface:
http://email.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=f_minor&A=1

F_minor Website (with early archive):
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~mwatts/glenn