GG:Guerrero's Italian C.

My LP of The Young Glenn Gould, Vox Turnabout TV-34793X, states very
clearly that the Italian Concerto is Guerrero's:

	"It is tempting, when listening to Guerrero's  recording of
Bach's Italian Concerto, to search for stylistic characteristics in
his playing that may have influenced the young GG's soon-to-be-famous
interpretations of Bach.  Surely Guerrero's precipitate tempi in the
outer movements and his improvisitory quality in the slow movement
show that his was an unusually free and attentive musical mind, one
that could not help but stimulate and challenge his young student,
although Gould was, even then (as the Mozart recordings testify), much
of his own man musically."

Guerrero's performance is too halting for my taste.  A real contrast
to GG's about 10 years later. But then again it was recorded with a
home tape recorder in the mid 40's...

-Mary Jo