Re: GG: How did you first learn of Glenn Gould?

    When did you first hear *of* (or read about) Glenn Gould?

When my mom gave me a tape of the inventions saying `I don't usually
like baroque music played on piano, but this guy is different'.

    What was your first reaction?

I wasn't that taken with it.  I since realized that this is because the
inventions simply aren't (anywhere near) my favorite.  Sad but true.

A couple years later, 32SF@GG came out.  I thought it was the best film
I'd seen in ages (since All That Jazz, but I digress...).  At home we
happened to have a bunch of piano tapes we'd taped off library records,
and the GG toccatas were one of them.  I loved the toccatas
(they'd never sounded at all interesting to me before).  So then I
started reading the books and buying the records.

(Thanks, Francois :)