Re: GG - Help re videos please!

At 03:29 PM 5/12/2000 +0000, Kate Clunies-Ross wrote:
I live in England and am very keen to obtain VHS videos of GG ...in
particular the Playing Bach series, especially the Goldberg Variations.
However, enquiries made at local shops seem to suggest that none of these
are available in th PAL format used in the U.K.
I'm feeling very sad and desperate. Can any kind Gouldian soul out there
help me?
Thank you
Kate
PS I do have the Greatest Hits tape.

Apropos of this and some other recent topics here, I've been thinking about auctioning (on eBay) a few items related to GG et al:

- GG On the record / Off the record (National Film Board of Canada, 1959) VHS (sorry, not PAL)

- Slaughterhouse-Five (Vonnegut; GG in charge of the soundtrack) VHS (also not PAL)

- Some of the original-issue LP's of GG where I have duplicates: Bach inventions/sinfonias; partitas 5/6 (and two WTC 2 fugues); partitas 1/2 & Italian concerto

- The IPA/Desmar LP of Nyiregyhazi playing Liszt; fairly rare

- An as-new paperback edition of the _Glenn Gould Reader_ (all his essays)

What I'd like to know is, anybody here have interest in these if I'd put them up starting this weekend, or should I wait a couple months on it yet?  As an incentive for bidding, and in the community spirit of sharing with other GG fans, I can give a 10% discount off the winning auction price if the winner of any of these items is an F_Minor member.  (Call it a "family discount"...)

Bradley Lehman
Dayton VA
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl