Re: GG - Help re videos please!

----- Original Message -----
From: Kate Clunies-Ross <katecluniesross@HOTMAIL.COM>

> I live in England and am very keen to obtain VHS videos of GG ...in
> particular the Playing Bach series, especially the Goldberg Variations.
> However, enquiries made at local shops seem to suggest that none of these
> are available in th PAL format used in the U.K.
> I'm feeling very sad and desperate. Can any kind Gouldian soul out there
> help me?
> Thank you
> Kate

I don't know if PAL format is available for what you are looking for.
If you can't find PAL format, then you do have a last resort option:
buy NTSC format tapes and then have them converted to PAL.

Local video copy services usually offer this service. There are
also services on the web that do it too. I found this one located in
the UK in Port Talbot: http://www.alkenmrs.com/video/index.html

For GG's Goldberg Variations, it's defenitely worth the trouble!

Mike (USA, Florida)